MA, LPC, LCDC, CSAT
Education, Licenses, Certifications and Specialized Training
Ron Gravis, Founder at Gravis Therapy, is one of the leading providers of online therapy in Texas.. Ron earned a BA in Psychology from George Washington University and an MA in Professional Counseling from Liberty University. Ron is a Licensed Professional Counselor (TX), Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (TX) , Certified Sex Addiction Therapist.
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC/Texas Lic.#68203)
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC/Texas Lic.#11758)
Certified Sex Addition Therapist (CSAT Cert. No.2015-2149)
BA - Psychology, George Washington University
MA - Professional Counseling, Liberty University
For your free phone consultation call (832) 846-3000
Extensive training in trauma and addictions:
- The Trauma Center at Justice Resource Institute (JRI), Brookline, MA. Traumatic Stress Studies Certificate Program
- Professional Educational Systems Institute - Attachment-focused EMDR, Healing Developmental Deficits and Adults Abused as Children
- Regent University Center for Trauma Studies
- On-site learning at Loudoun County (Virginia) Community Service Board
- Ross Institute for Trauma - EMDR therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder, Dissociation and Complex Trauma
- EMDR applications: EMDR International Assn. (EMDRIA-trained)/Regent University Certification
- International Institute for Trauma and Addictions Professionals (IITAP), Sexual Addictions counseling Certified (AACC)
- Certification in Sexual Identity Therapy (Regent University)
- Advanced Training in Sexual Trauma (Regent University)
- Telebehavioral Health Institute - Certifications in Online Therapist Training
Theoretical training and approaches include:
- Insight therapy (psychodynamic)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Relaxation techniques and mindfulness/meditation.
Placing God at the center of each of these approaches emphasizes my focus on integrative healing. I am a committed Christian, yet I welcome and honor people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
Ron is a very personable and knowledgeable professional that would provide quality counseling service to his clients. From assessment to diagnosis and treatment, he brings professionalism to the field of counseling. I highly endorse his work.
Chris Cole, LPC
Owner, Emmaus Family Counseling Center
Ron has life experience, a deep personal faith, a personal calm and the relational skills to walk with people wherever they may be in their life journey and help them discover hope, meaning and purpose through counseling.
Tim Teague, Ph.D., MDiv, LPC
I can attest to Ron's character as a man of God, compassion as a child of God and competency as a servant of God. I have watched with great interest as he progressed toward his MA and now doctorate in counseling - and was gratified to hear that he has formed a number of highly productive professional relationships with Christian Counseling practices in Virginia and Texas. Indeed, Ron has on many occasions demonstrated his expertise and heart for service among friends and congregants at our church. It goes without saying that I am convinced he has natural healing and teaching ability and will make a great contribution wherever God leads him. I strongly recommend Ron.
Senior Pastor at First Christian Church